Breast surgery has become a lot more common now than before. But choosing right breast surgery is such a huge task, isn’t it? Should you go for a breast implant or breast augmentation? Most women wanting breast surgery struggle with this question. And this blog intends to solve this conflict of yours today.
What are Breast Implants?
A breast implant is a medical device that surgeons place inside the breasts of women. The most common among them are saline, gummy bear, and silicone breast implant surgery. Women use it for reconstructing and augmenting their breasts. They can have any shape, size, and contour of breasts according to their choice.
Everyone has a different reason for having a breast implant. But an ideal candidate has the following traits-
- Sagging or drooping breasts
- Small breasts
- Asymmetrical breasts
- Breast mass loss due to weight loss
- Loss of breast shape
How Long Do Breast Implants Last?
Of course, breast implants do not last forever. Their average life span is anywhere between 10 and 20 years. This is because they can start having complications after that. 20% of women prefer to remove or replace them within 8 to 10 years. It also depends on what type of implants they are and how much the candidate takes care of them. Choosing right breast surgery is another deciding factor in the duration of implants.
How To Choose the Right Size Of Breast Implant?
- You should choose your best fit for breast implant as per your body frame. A tall and broad woman will want a bigger size than a short woman. Choosing a very large size implant can lead to shoulder and back pain. So pick an implant in proportion to your body frame.
- Choosing breast implants also depends on a woman’s lifestyle. If you are an active person or sportsperson, a small size will likely be your choice. It can depend upon your dressing style as well. Some women like to wear dresses that suit heavy breasts. They can choose a bigger size.
- Breast implants last for 10-20 years. Thus, choose them as per your future requirements.
Breast Implant Costs Of Various Implants
- Saline- They consist of saline water inside a silicone shell. Saline breast implants are the oldest ones. They cost an average of $2500 for a pair which is the cheapest among all types.
- Silicone- They consist of a sticky silicone gel inside a silicone shell. Silicone breast implants generally cost more than saline ones. This is because they are softer than saline implants. But they need a regular check-up for leakage. You can expect an average cost of around $3500 per pair.
- Gummy Bear- Cohesive gel or the Gummy Bear implants tend to be even softer than both of the above. Also, there are fewer chances of leakage in this type of breast implant. Thus they cost more than the other two types as well.
What is Breast Augmentation?
Breast Augmentation is the process of changing your breasts’ size. We can do this by either implants or fat transfer. It has another name- augmentation mammoplasty. We know already about the implants. Fat transfer is the process of using fat from another body part to augment the breast. Or you can reduce the size as well by the reverse process.
Who Is A Suitable Candidate For Breast Augmentation Surgery?
Healthy patients who are above the age of 18 years can have saline breast augmentation. But it requires an age of 22 years to have silicone breast augmentation.
Breast Augmentation Recovery Tips
After having breast augmentation surgery, women experience the most pain in the first 3 to 5 days. And it might take 6 to 8 weeks for recovery and relief from pain. The degree of pain depends on the health conditions of a patient. Try following the given tips if you want to recover fast from Breast Augmentation-
- Do not use an underwire bra for 6 weeks after the surgery. Wearing such bras could make your incisions inflame. Comfortable bras like Sports bras will be a good choice in those days.
- Avoid going to a swimming pool or even a bathtub. It can lead to bacterial infections in open wounds and incisions. It would be better to take a warm and relaxing shower instead.
- Don’t drink and smoke. Smoking will inhibit the circulation of oxygen-rich blood to your wounds. And alcohol intake can result in dehydration and further infections.
- Give rest to your breasts after the surgery and sleep on your back. It will also help your incisions in healing fast.
- Avoid strenuous exercises and pressure on your breasts. Don’t lift heavy things and try to keep your blood pressure below 100.
Also Read: Non-surgical beauty treatments
Which Implant Is Right For You?
Choosing right breast surgery is not only important for the looks but also for your health. Generally, fat transfer surgery gives a more natural look than implants. Also, it doesn’t need large incisions and hence it is almost scarless. It is the best choice for Tuberous breast patients as it requires mild changes. And the complications are also less as no foreign material enters inside our breasts. But the fat transfer process has some drawbacks as well. It is generally more costly than breast implants. They also don’t prevent sagging.
Now it depends on you what your preferences are and how you take a wise decision. As the breast augmentation surgery in Miami is the best, you could consider having it from there as well.
This was all about the types of surgeries. Now it’s your turn for choosing the right breast surgery and to pick the right breast surgeon. There are lots of options. So take your time to reach the right decision.